I'm talking about scrapbooking, modern day scrapbooking your precious photographs to pass to your family in the future. Telling the story behind the memory.
When I talk about crafting to non-crafters I alway explain that the creation of beautiful handmade cards and telling stories in modern day scrapbooking is such a beautiful way to be creative. There is no right or wrong way of doing it and there isn’t any urgency about it or the need to be super creative.
The trend of upcycling and recycling has encouraged today’s society to become thriftier and less wasteful. As a result many people find themselves being far craftier than they ever knew they were.
Not forgetting the incredible pattern design world we live in. The papers and embellishments to complete your masterpiece makes you feel like you have been sucked into an Aladdin’s cave full of treasures and the child-like excitement takes over, making you want to explore far more closely the intricate detail of every gorgeous paper, button and stamp.
So my 5 reasons for YOU to begin crafting with me?
1. Add something extra special to the occassion by handing over a handmade card
2. Don't just store your photographs in a box or in an album, create modern day story telling by scrapbooking your photographs in a special album for your family to look at in the future.
3. You will find that you ARE creative and this will feel very satisfying
4. Earn money from your creations! Well there's stalls, local groups, hairdressers, family, friends, magazine commissions, demonstrations, TV...
5. Be inspired by everything around you. Look at everything with a creative eye rather than tired eyes rushing from one place to another.